The International Mass Timber Conference (“Event”) is the property of Forest Business Network LLC (“FBN”) and is produced by FBN’s principals, related entities, partners, vendors, and contractors (“Management”). FBN organizes the Event according to FBN Policies. The address for FBN is: PO Box 2220, Missoula, MT 59806.
Each Attendee, Exhibitor, and sponsor agrees to abide by these Event Policies (“Policies”), at time of registration, as created by Management, which may be modified at Management’s discretion for efficient or safe operation of the Event.
Attendees, Exhibitors, and sponsors are attending the Event, scheduled to take place in-person on April 12–14, 2022, at the Oregon Convention Center (“Venue”) and/or virtually on May 12, 2022 (approximate date). The Event will take place in one of the following formats: hybrid (in-person and virtual), in-person only, or virtual-only. The format of Event will be decided at Management’s sole discretion.
All persons planning to attend the Event must be registered. Management reserves the right to review, approve, or cancel your registration for any reason. Management reserves the right to verify the identity of any Attendees before accessing any Event sessions, Venue, or platform. Any person found not properly registered will be asked to correctly register or leave the in-person Venue and/or virtual platform.
COVID-19 and Other Diseases, Illnesses
The World Health Organization has declared the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) a worldwide pandemic. Due to its capacity to transmit from person-to-person through respiratory droplets, the U.S. government and the state of Oregon have set recommendations, guidelines, and some prohibitions which the FBN, the Event, and Management intends to comply and implement at the Event. Exact compliance measures and implementations will be adjusted as needed up to and throughout the duration of the Event, at the sole discretion of FBN, Management, and/or Federal, State, and/or local governing and health authorities.
It is expected that the Event will have the following requirements for admittance to any and all Event activities and venues:
- Proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR or rapid test result within 72 hours of the first day of the conference for people 12 years of age or older.
- Face masks/coverings must be worn while indoors except when actively eating or drinking, and also outdoors if physical distancing is not possible. See the “Face mask recommendations and requirements,” below.
The following are acceptable as proof of vaccination:
- A CDC-issued vaccination card including the name of the person vaccinated, the type of vaccination provided, and the date that the last dose was administered.
- A digital photo of a CDC-issued vaccination card stored on a phone or electronic device.
- A printed photo of a CDC-issued vaccination card.
The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 test:
- A digital photo of negative COVID-19 test results that includes the name of the guest.
- A printed photo of negative COVID-19 test results that includes the name of the guest.
Face mask recommendations and requirements
The Oregon Administrative Rule that went into effect August 27, 2021, states that masks, face coverings, or face shields are required in all indoor spaces, except when actively drinking or eating. Masks are also required in most public outdoor settings—regardless of vaccination status—where physical distancing is not possible.
Oregon Health Authority recommends wearing a face covering or mask instead of a face shield, except in limited situations when a face shield by itself is appropriate, such as talking to someone who is deaf or hard of hearing and needs to read lips to communicate.
Learn more about Oregon mask requirements.
COVID-19 agreement and release
Attendees agree that the risk of COVID-19 and other diseases and illnesses pose a risk to their physical body and well-being. Attendees agree that their participation at the Event may expose them to COVID-19 and/or other diseases and illnesses, not limited to influenza and/or MRSA, and that this exposure may cause injury or illness that may lead to paralysis or death.
Attendees agree that they will not attend the Event if they have experienced symptoms such as fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, or dry cough, or exhibiting any other symptoms related to COVID-19 or any communicable disease within the 14 days before the Event.
Attendees agree that they are fully and personally responsible for their own safety and actions at the Event and recognize that no matter their precautions and/or the precautions of FBN, Management, and the Event, that Attendees may be at risk of contracting COVID-19.
With full knowledge of the risks involved, Attendees hereby release, waive, and discharge FBN, Management, and the Event from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, or death, that may be sustained by Attendees related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity while in, on, or around the Event Venue and in any official Event functions, gatherings, and/or tours that may lead to unintentional exposure or harm due to COVID-19.
Attendees, Exhibitors, and sponsors agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless FBN, and its directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (Management), against any and all costs, expenses, liabilities, claims, losses, injuries or damages, including but not limited to attorney’s fees (“Claims”), arising from any material breach of these Policies or from the inaccuracy of any representation or warranty made by it or from any material act or omission by it in the performance of these Policies or from Attendee, Exhibitor, and/or sponsor’s sale, advertisement, promotion of their products and/or services, except to the extent any such Claims arise solely from FBN and Management’s gross negligence, willful misconduct or fraud.
If the Event fails to take place as scheduled, or is interrupted and/or discontinued, whether in virtual, in-person or hybrid formats, by reasons of strike, lockout, injunction, act of God, act of war, pandemic, quarantine, disease, epidemic, emergency declared by any government agency or by FBN or Management, or for any other reason beyond FBN and Management’s reasonable control, these Policies may be immediately terminated by FBN and/or Management upon written notice to Attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors. In the event of such termination, FBN and Management shall not be in breach of these Policies, nor shall it be liable or responsible for any loss of business, loss of profits, injury, damages or expense of whatever nature arising therefrom, and Attendees, Exhibitors, and sponsors waive any and all damages and claims for damages.
Limitation on Liability
The maximum liability of FBN hereunder shall be limited to the amount of the Attendee pass fees, exhibit space fees, and/or sponsorship fees. In no event shall FBN be liable for any indirect, consequential, punitive, special, exemplary, or incidental Damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages, arising from the Event and/or these Policies.
Right to Deny or Remove
FBN and Management reserves the right to deny admission to, or remove any party from, the Event for any reason. All Policies and dates are subject to change.
Possible Move to Virtual-Only
If the Event moves to virtual-only, then all Attendee passes, exhibit spaces, and sponsorships will be automatically rolled into the virtual event. Attendees, Exhibitors, and sponsors may revise, cancel, and/or refund their passes per the refund policy, below.
Photography, Videography, and Audio Recordings
Attendees may not photograph, record, or videotape any portion of the Event educational presentations. Working members of the press and/or approved professional photographers and videographers must check-in at registration.
Management or its authorized representatives may take photographs and/or videotape at the Venue and official Event functions and tours. Attendees, Exhibitors, and sponsors grant to FBN and its authorized representatives the absolute right and permission to use their likeness, voice, content of any interview, image, and/or photograph in any manner or media.
Exhibitors have agreed to (when registering for an exhibit space), and are subject to, all rules and regulations in the Exhibitor Contract.
- Cancel your pass(es) at any time through March 29, 2022. To cancel, click the “modify/cancel” link in the confirmation email sent to each individual Attendee and follow the steps on your account page. There are no refunds for Attendee passes after March 29, 2022.
- If the Event moves to virtual-only after the Attendee pass cancellation deadline of March 29, 2022 and an Attendee does NOT want to attend the virtual-only Event, then the Attendee will receive a credit for their pass(es) toward Attendee passes for the following year’s Event.
- There is a refund service fee of $30 for each Full pass, $15 for Edu/Gov/NGO and 1-Day passes, and $5 for Student passes.
- Cancel your exhibit space(s) at any time through January 31, 2022. The refund fee for exhibit spaces is $200. To cancel, click the “modify/cancel” link in the confirmation email sent to each individual Attendee and follow the steps on your account page. There are no refunds on exhibit spaces after January 31, 2022.
- If the Event moves to virtual only, then Exhibitor’s exhibit space will be automatically rolled into the virtual exhibit hall and Exhibitor will receive a credit for the difference between the amount that Exhibitor paid for the exhibit space minus $1,000 that can be used for Attendee passes for the current year or toward an exhibit space and Attendee passes the next year.
- If the Event moves to virtual only after the cancellation deadline of January 31, 2022 and Exhibitor does NOT want to participate as an Exhibitor in the virtual Event, then Exhibitor will receive a credit for the exhibit space fee that can be used for Attendee passes for the current year or toward an exhibit space and Attendee passes the next year.
- Sponsorships have a 10% refund service fee or full price depending on date refunded (per specific contracts). Specific terms for scenarios involving a possible move to virtual-only are detailed in individual sponsor contracts.
All other refunded items are charged approximately 3% per item.
Frequently Asked Questions
See the FAQ page for more specific information about the many aspects of the Event.